Sunday, November 23, 2008

2nd Project

This is really a crazy week, I played badminton from Monday til Friday. I didn't even do this in Nilai. Monday was just as usual, went to play because of Badminton Club. Then Tuesday, I invited Kitt to bible study, and he asked me to join him for badminton and we'll talk. It's quite nervous because I know no one from his gang. Wednesday after bible study, Kitt invited me for another badminton session again... at night..., that's my first time playing in Sports Complex until it closes down. Thursday was Badminton club again. It's staff time to play on Friday evening, then I joined Ali ^_^, I invited Kitt also. After playing, I "lepak" at Kitt's house, helping him to check his friend's essay (of course I didn't helped much, you know my english...). It's so so so fun to play every weekday, but quite tiring. Luckily I bought a new shoe, or else I gonna injured my feet badly with the old one.

My New Balance badminton shoe! (RM99)


So, the new project is about designing an air motor, where with a constant pneumatic supply given, the end shaft have to be able to rotate around 600 r.p.m. This time it's going to be a group project, and I'm under Dr Jacob again! Our group have to come out with a nice design and all the engineering calculations as well as drawings which due on 12th December. Next semester, we're going to manufacture it and run a test. Aw... this uni is really driving me crazy, I just finished the clutch design and hoping for some time to relax, who knows ...

Well, last week we came out with our group's task allocation, where I'm in calcualation and design phase with Jack Ng. Heard that he's a brilliant guy, gonna lay most of my hope on him for this project. Although we had a few group meetings til now, we haven't decide on a final design yet (meetings never bring conclusion, that's so true).

On Friday, a few of us went to the workshop to have a look at some samples and discussed with the lab assistant. Overall we have to come out with a sketch first. Supossingly me and Jack gonna do it, but I gonna rush my Solid Lab report, so he did the sketh alone that night... so sorry about that. Me and Jack meet up on Saturday to do the calculation since we're gonna submit it next Wednesday. I found that it's so much easier to communicate in small group, we came out with a design and started to work on the calculation.

Here comes the problem, where can we get any formula out of nothing? At first we tried to use all the basics of physics theory to dig out whatever that's related. Then suddenly, my bulb shines. I remembered in diploma I did something similiar, spent a very HARD TIME diging my memory. I tried to derive the formula, but I forgot most of the details (shows that how lazy I am in diploma). Jack was so hoping that I can remember, or else we're gonna stuck there forever.

Before the climax, let me tell you something. I have a habbit of writting every important or non-important things in a notebook, no matter what subject, example questions, rough sketches, jokes, or lame poems, or even drawing pokemon when the class is too boring. I hate to do stuffs on test pad cause I tend to lost unattached pieces of papers, and it looks messy. This was since Form 5 I think, and all my notebooks are green colour. ^_^

I was also tyring hard to figure the derivation on my notebook, then I have a thinking of turning the front pages of my notebook, hoping I wrote some clues. Cause normally when 1 notebook finish, I'll just throw it and buy a new one, and I had that class for so long ago. Finally, I found the formulae, and also the derivations! Then I remembered I was practicing it on my notebook because Mr Ravi (my previous lecturer in Nilai) gonna have a test on that topic for us. Thanks God!



Then with some reference of the seniors work, me and Jack managed to calculate the important data, and generate the suitable tables and graphs. Jack told me that "Wah, in such a short time you can generate so many numbers, awesome." The way he says it is so funny. However, we dragged until 5 something evening, proceeding slow. Jack was suppose to go back home and have a family dinner (or stuff like that), until his dad and mom keep on calling him to get back as soon as possible. Aiyo... feel so sorry cause always get him into trouble =.=





Next Tuesday me, Hinn and Audri are going to perform for Wallstreets Club picnic night, I really have no idea what song to play, but I'm definitely sure that I won't sing! Maybe doing some Yiruma and my own songs, I hope that I don't mess up my first performance in Nottingham. But I seriously think I gonna dissapoint the crowd, I don't have much variation of playing keyboard. Then Wednesday, Hinn's gonna worship lead for bible study, me and Audri on the keyboard and guitar. Recieved an sms from Eric about performing two simple songs for Cancer Awareness Night, not sure whether we can do it or not cause we are lacking of one vocalist. It's gonna be a hard week, got group project to do, Management assignment and Vibration Case Study.

Searching my song books for songs:


In Ecclesiastes 8:1, "How wonderful to be wise, to be able to analyze and interpret things. Wisdom lights up a person's face, softening its hardness." Wise does not mean that we need to know everything on Earth, being wise is simply easy. We just need to know how to differentiate good from bad. Wise people do the good deeds, and only fools plan wicked acts. Maybe you'll think it's kinda stupid to do something and not being rewarded, but spiritually we are. Spiritual rewards are far more better than anything that can be given to us on Earth. Hinn is sick for 2 days (because of too much ice-cream), although he's quite ok now, I'll just pray for his health. Audri is gonna have a lot of labs next week, pray that God will take him through the hard time. Uncle Tome is flying back to Malaysia tonight! God, protect him please! The new American family arrived last week, I just knew Darrel, the father with a wife and 2 kids. I pray that God will use them so that they can make a different in this land! Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh adam... i miss badminton so much!!! i see that u're playing quite often huh? i havent been playing for months now.. been busy.. btw.. where r u now? im currently having a break now at home.. til the end of dec.. oh yaa.. n a reply to ur comment at my blog.. of course im gonna miss u once in a while.. how ya doin? take care old fren.. =)

Adam Jong said...

Haha, now studying in Nottingham Malaysia (Semenyih, Selangor), just came here this September. New life new environment, just trying to mix around so gonan use everything I can do. Haha.

Anonymous said...

i miss u adam.T.T

Adam Jong said...

True or not... schedule is really busy here, can't have my time back to Nilai... Don't worry, still got 1 more final exam to go, and u're out of that place. I garentee girls from Borneo are better than those in Penisular, cheer up man~