Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rain Down (WindMash)

Has anyone ever told you, when you're at the edge of giving up, remember the reason you started it. Recalling that initial driving force probably reminds us something important that we've forgotten. 'Rain Down' by Planetshakers is a song that I really loved even before I started serving in the worship band.


Still remember during Semester 1 back in Nilai College (before I have anything to do with Christianity), Carl brought me to Planetshakers' worship conference, I joined because it's free. It was my first time witnessing so many people worshiping with arms lifted high (of course I have no idea what are they doing back then). While they play the song Rain Down, I was totally amazed not only by the band but it's really soul-striking.

After spending some time (it's already 2 semesters) to settle down in the UK, I guess it's time to get back to some recording. I did a twin mash of this song with Cry Holy also by Planetshakers. Another song that I really loved to listen and surprisingly not many heard of it.


I found that both songs are very similar in terms of chord progression and song structure, good ingredients. Besides, both songs are my favourite Worship songs of that time. Mash up is not really something new for me, but the software is, not too used to the equalizing and mixing, gonna try harder next time. Oh ya~ Seraphina sang the bridge together, she caught me doing recording in the kitchen :P

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."
-Isaiah 40:29
-

Everytime the thought of giving up pay a visit, Lord help us to endure the temptation and find strength in You. I pray that we who earnestly serve You would find our purpose and gift so that we can focus on it. Remind us whenever we're down again, through Your words, and also the people that You placed in our lives, Amen.

No comments: