Sunday, March 25, 2012

Magic Gala Night

A lot have been inviting me to the Magic Gala Night by Magic Society, 3 professional magicians will be performing that night. I didn't plan to go since I'm not a fan of magic stuff, but receive an E-mail by TEC team to setup lights and sound system for the show in the morning and rushed out without thinking much~

Setting up the rig at Great Hall for the whole afternoon:

It's a weekend, so TEC team is down with number of people helping, I don't normally help out in random events. Anyway, because I'm sorta new, they let me operate the lights... Still good though, coz the switches are at the back of the hall and I'm alone with the junk food while the performance is going.

I'm actually more familiar with sound stuffs:

Good thing about working with TEC is that, meals are provided if you're working with them during lunch or dinner time. We had KFC for lunch and pub food for dinner~ so I'm actually eating while operating the system behind. The performances are quite good though, although quite standard. I like the show where the 2nd magician pickpockets the volunteers stuffs and hypnotize them. It's quite amazing yet I'm still half-believing.

Dinner while the magic show is on:

After the event, the committee members are rejoicing all over and taking pictures with the magicians (as usual). I was normally at that position, but now I'm in TEC cleaning up doing de-rig. Coiling cables and shutting down the system, while watching them having fun down there~ Not too bad, the magicians' assistants are packing up the gadgets on stage with us too.

Let's pack up and go home:

"Let the Moabite fugitives stay with you; be their shelter from the destroyer."
-Isaiah 16:4
-

It's definitely good to experience things from a different point of view, I've been on stage for most of the events and finally some taste behind the stage doing sound and lights, learning how it feels like to improve future team events. It really helps to understand the concept of being one body of Christ where no one is less than another, Amen.

No comments: