Friday, February 18, 2011

Wireless Switch Repair

After repairing my Dell Inspiron 1420, I can't go online due to the wireless switch (slider) that turns the built-in wireless adapter on/off, it got stuck and I can't slide it. I suppose the technician made a mistake when he re-assemble my laptop.

I was kinda worried if I need to go all the way down to Low Yat to fix it again, or I'll just do it myself (kinda high risk though). I guess it'll be alright as long as I know how to close it back as the way I open it.

Performing minor surgery with screw drivers:

Firstly, open up the nearest some screws at that corner (what to do if it's a Mac? There's no screw at all). Four would be enough for me to make an opening that's big enough.

Wow, complicated circuit boards:

Basically, what happened is the inner part of the slider is stuck at the circuit board, that prevents it to slide back. So, just lift the circuit board a bit higher while another finger flips the slider back to left. Tada! Thanks God, it's working normally now.

Push up, and recover the slider position:


"So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?”
-1 Kings 3:9
-

The stress level is rising, more and more work to be done. Pray that The Lord will still watch over as we fight our way out. May Your wisdom helps us along the way. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments: