Friday, July 20, 2012

Hatred Kills

"SoundShoots is a unique music platform that challenges music makers to create a 90 second piece of music in response to a given weekly theme. The site is 100% free to use and whether you make your own music, or just like listening, there are plenty of good reasons to join!"

For this week's theme, "Death", I may have different ways to make my soundshoot. I could do my usual sentimental style for a rest in peace motive, or sad piano style for heartbreaking moment of loosing someone. However, I chose hatred and anger, thanks to the bad mood and frustration over the month.

Ever experience being ignored by a close friend? We used to tell each other almost everything, and now both act like strangers to each other. The worst part is, I don't even know the reason. It's definitely one of my worst/most devastating moment in life, but now I'm using it to grab this emotion.


According to 1 John 3:15, "Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him." The mentioned brother refers to a believers of Christ, no eternal life simply means not going to heaven, which only leads to hell. I tried browsing songs related to hell, death and demon, if I could get some ideas how to portray those negativity in music. Honestly, they're just too disturbing, felt so uncomfortable listening to them.

In Matthew 13:42, "The angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." This verse gave me a pretty good illustration. Fiery furnace sounds like a wielding factory, terrible temperature with screeching noises. Gnashing teeth is only done when in extreme anger and fury. Weeping stands for mourning and sadness. Indeed hell is a perfect place for betrayal, sorrow and weak heart.

Gnashing of teeth and weeping:

For dark ambient, minor chords do their jobs best. I used heavy strings/orchestra, as their attacks are pretty aggressive that bring sense of anger, with some piano sprinkle and appergio that adds for the sadness. The sound effects really took me a lot of effort, such as heart rate monitor, burning, crying, and teeth grinding sounds. I admit, this is so far the hardest soundshoot to make, I'm kinda exhausted spiritually and mentally.

Click here to listen to:
Hatred Kills - Adam Jong

Rate the track with the ✓ icon (you need a soundshoot account to do this), or facebook like it with the icon. Hope no one is too disturbed after listening.

"Then the glory of the Lord went up from the cherub, and stood over the threshold of the house; and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the Lord's glory."
-Ezekiel 10:4
-

If you hate a person, you've killed him in your heart. He no longer lives in your heart, which makes one's heart a pretty gruesome place for anyone else. Forgiving is never easy; to seek for forgiveness/apologize take a lot of courage as well. Pray that God bless this broken friendship, fix this heartache, Amen.

No comments: