"SoundShoots is a unique music platform that challenges music makers to create a 90 second piece of music in response to a given weekly theme. The site is 100% free to use and whether you make your own music, or just like listening, there are plenty of good reasons to join!"
This week's theme is "Space". The thought of outer space somehow leads me to Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger and Kamen Rider Fourze which both series are actually Space themed... but I don't think I will do soundshoot base on toku heroes. OK, space... while I started brainstorming, the feelings that came are such as darkness, emptiness, wide, mystery, and probably sorrow. Seems like a pretty solid direction.
So, to give the gloomy sort of atmosphere, it's mostly minor chords on loop. Adding effects on pad really gives the longing and mystery that I want (I'm officially in love with strings+phase sweep). Besides of sprinkling the high range to emulate stars/dim hope, I applied some echoes for the "empty big room" kinda feel. Also with a lot of stereo panning from left to right and back, it somehow creates a wandering and wondering effect.
I named this clip Behind the Blinds because I'm focusing on the mystery aspect of space, which human curiosity can't help to uncover them. Personally, it's more like the "space" inside a person, no one can fully understand somebody, and everyone is hiding a part of themselves from everyone else. It's probably a big darkness and sorrow behind every smiling face we see, waiting for somebody to uncover the blinds.
Click here to listen to:
Behind The Blinds - Adam Jong
Behind The Blinds - Adam Jong
Support by rating the clip with the
*Update!*
After 2 weeks of showcasing "Space" soundshoots from different artists, the top 10 has been chosen by ranking as usual. I don't normally care about it, as I don't really promote my clip, but I'm actually kinda happy that I hit top 10 for this theme! It's actually 11th coz of the tie for no.1, doesn't matter... it still feel great anyway."But the prophet who prophesies peace will be recognized as one truly sent by the Lord only if his prediction comes true."
-Jeremiah 28:7-
-Jeremiah 28:7-
For a dim hope in every darkness that we face, we will continue to pray and persevere. Lord, be our strength and guide, show us the path that we're suppose to be on, for Your glory and purpose, Amen.



No comments:
Post a Comment