"SoundShoots is a unique music platform that challenges music makers to create a 90 second piece of music in response to a given weekly theme. The site is 100% free to use and whether you make your own music, or just like listening, there are plenty of good reasons to join!"
I myself think that it's a good exercise for music composing and arranging. Rather than spending days or weeks struggling on vocal recordings and mashup ideas and ended up abandoning projects by projects, this could be something less demotivating that keeps the charcoal slightly warm. The website is finally launched in May 2012.
The first theme is "Wave", so basically anyone can do any kind of sound (not even music in particular) of how they interpret the theme. Spending most of my life near the sea, this directs me to sea waves. The best feeling ever is lying at the bay, listening to the sound of wave flowing gently, and watching at the clear dark sky, with stars all over. It's a indescribable feeling which I just thank God that the universe is so big and beautiful, all other problems and worries seems so much smaller at that moment.
So I name this 90 seconds of music clip that I made Starry Tide, generally to convey the feeling of being comfortable and relaxing. It's all midi since I have no access to any real instrument, layering simple guitar plucking, some piano sprinkle imitating twinkling of the stars and sea waves sound effect as padding~ I put it on loop, lied on my bed while closing my eyes, loved that few minutes of getting everything out of my head.
Click here to listen to:
Starry Tide - Adam Jong
Starry Tide - Adam Jong
If you really like it, please support by rating the clip with the "tick" option. I guess you need to be a registered member to do that, if it's too troublesome then leave it, I'm fine anyway. The option next to the "tick" actually "like" the link using your facebook, I guess that's a better promotion :P
"I will fulfill the oath I swore to your ancestors, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey’ —the land you possess today."
-Jeremiah 11:5-
-Jeremiah 11:5-
I don't know if holding on to this little bit of determination is a right thing to do, but I will try my best to keep on listening to what God want to do about it. May this little offering be used mightily for Your kingdom, Amen.


No comments:
Post a Comment