Friday, April 17, 2009

Doing Assignment Overnight

I'm busy working on assignments, report and project for these 2 weeks. There's one assignment that dues today, where we are recquired to solve a mechanics question. The methods are Shooting Method and Finite Difference Method which is possible to be done by hand calculation but I garentee you won't want to give it a try because it is tideous and repeatitive. Thus, C programming is in the picture to get this thing done.


Well, the sad case is I have to design my own unique program since they have a software to check for plegarism. From the last assignment, any 2 or more programs found to have more than 80% of similarities will have their marks divided by 2. Thanks god mine's OK, I figured the answer out anyway.

Besides that, by applying both methods above, it breaks into 6 sub-methods, and it will be better if I can include all 6 methods into my program. Actually I'd done the 2 basic methods which is good enough to submit, but why not just give it a shot.

This Wednesday, I spent my night trying to solve it, but it's really cracking my head to understand the concepts and programming executor (thanks to Zi-Yian, Felicia and Sue Lynn that helped a lot). Finally, after hours of effort of try and error, I got my program running, and it's almost morning (yupz, our computer lab opens 24 hours for desperate students like us).

I'm using two computer to write my report for this assignment, it's easier and faster:



I can't belive my program is 8 pages long! Maybe it's nothing for the computing students but programming is honestly not my line. Actually I can relax as I still have 2 days until assignment submmition, but I want to finish it early so that I can proceed to the next assignment, time is running out. Well, just wish me luck and pray for me~ especially my coming exam.


By the way, the day after I did my assignment for whole night has no class (lucky enough). I reached home from uni at 9a.m (where everyone just woke up) and I'm going to bed. There goes my biological clock, being messed up for the first time in Nottingham Uni. Furthermore, here I am in the computer lab preparing for another assignment again, it's not over!


Ezekiel 9:4 "Put a mark on the foreheads of all those who weep and sigh because of the sins they see around them" and these people are given mercy. It's important to be able to identify sins around us and not fall into it. Thus, the best question to ask ourselves are "what is the wise thing to do?". Pray that god gives us wisdom and strength to overcome this stressful period. Also pray for Nilai UC students who are facing final exam. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

ç£@Réñ©€ said...

Heya. Great to hear you finished 1 project xD. Good luck with the next few ;)